Saturday, October 26, 2013

NaNoWriMo: Get in the Game

I read books. I love books.  

I was the kid in high school English clash that went WAY over the page number requirement for fictional essays because I would just keep writing, keep getting ideas, keep seeing scenes play through my mind.

I am the reader who continues the story in her head way after the book has ended adding my own twists and turns, developing the characters further, exploring their worlds deeper and deeper.

I am now the high school history teacher dissatisfied with my daily goings and mourning the loss of her creativity. I don't draw anymore, paint anymore, and especially don't write anymore... until now.

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is upon us and I am stepping out onto the ledge and signing up for the challenge to write 50,000 words in one month. It's daunting, its scary, its challenging, and its just what I need to bring some spark back into my creative side. I'm sure I will produce something I wouldn't even want caught on the bottom of my shoe but it won't stay that way. It will be reviewed, edited, revised, and further crafted and will come out better than before.

There's something in me that has been urging me to write and that is exactly what I plan to do. It's time for
me stop sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else have all the fun. I'm getting in the game and making my own calls! Put me in coach, I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment